- What is reform? What is revolution?
- What are the differences between them?
- How does the author say that socialists should use reform?
- The 2nd paragraph states that “the bourgeoisie will never surrender its power without struggle, without being forced to do so by the revolutionary action of the masses.”
- Can you identify any examples of mass action forcing the wealthy to surrender power?
- Can you identify any examples of wealthy people surrendering their power without pressure from mass action?
- Do you agree or disagree with the author’s statement? Why?
- The author argues against incrementalism, saying that it’s impossible to gradually create a just society through many small reforms.
- Do you agree or disagree? Why? Consider real-world examples that would support or weaken your view.